Weight Loss Program - Walking Program
Suggested Walking Program for Cardio/Fat Burning
- Complete walking/aerobic workouts 3 times per week.
- Think of your walk in three parts, (1) warm-up/walk slowly for the first block, (2) increase your speed for the brisk portion, and (3) finally, cool down by walking slowing for the last five minutes.
- Stick with listed workouts, increasing as recited. Stretch before you walk with warm-up exercises.To avoid stiff or sore muscles/joints, start gradually and build up as outlined on this guide sheet.
- Walk with your chin up and your shoulders held slightly back so that the heel of your foot touches the ground first. Roll your weight forward. Walk with your toes pointed forward, swing your arms as you walk.
- If you walk less than three times per week, increase the fast (brisk) walk time more slowly.
- You may want to wait up to 1 hour after morning (cardio) workout before eating to maximize fat loss/burn.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY DIZZINESS, CHEST PAIN, NAUSEA, OR SHORTNESS OF BREATH, DISCONTINUE EXERCISE IMMEDIATELY!
After Week 8, you may want to consider moving on to a more intense cardio/aerobic program based on your doctor/trainer guidance. At your follow-up visit, ask about ways to make your exercise more agressive and impactful.